Posted October 2, 2015
Water/Wastewater Treatment Operator I/or II - Groveland Community Services District
Contact Name: Jennifer Flores
Water/Wastewater Treatment Operator I/II
Water/Wastewater Treatment Operator I Salary: $16.25-$19.29/hour
Water/Wastewater Treatment Operator II Salary: $19.29-$22.91/hour
Application Deadline: October 12, 2015 4pm.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in both an office and plant environment. The following working conditions can be expected: some exposure to variations in temperature; some exposure to dust, oils, and mechanical and electrical equipment; possible exposure to chemicals suspected of causing cancer; exposure to raw and treated wastewater that may contain pathogens; continuous contact with other District staff and some contact with the public.
• Grade I or II Water Treatment and/or Wastewater Treatment Operator Certificate
• High school diploma or GED
• Valid and current California Class C driver’s license
• Willing to work weekends and unusual hours
• Knowledge of safe working practices
• Good writing and verbal communication skills
• Ability to read maps
• Use basic hand and power tools
• Pass drug and physical test
• Cooperative and team-approach attitude
Examples of duties for Water & Wastewater Treatment Operators include, but are not limited to:
• Monitors the operations of District water and wastewater treatment plants and facilities for proper, efficient, and safe function
• Adhere to all operational requirements stipulated by regional, state and federal regulatory agencies
• Schedule and test operating and auxiliary equipment
• Record readings from meters, gauges, and recording charts
• Make necessary system adjustments to maintain proper operating conditions
• Make visual inspections of plant operations to insure that operational problems have been located, evaluated, and adjusted
• Operate valves and controls to feed chlorine and other chemicals into treatment systems, according to flows and volumes
• Inspect pump stations, pumps, motors, valves, filters, meters, and related equipment, and perform repairs and regularly scheduled preventative maintenance
• Collect samples for laboratory tests and perform the appropriate analyses for the operator’s grade level
• Check safety precautions and maintain safe working conditions
• Keep accurate records and logs for submission of operations reports and input data into the plant computer systems
• Assist, as needed, personnel in other Groups and Departments with major repairs
• Perform a variety of maintenance on treatment plant, plant equipment, and plant grounds
• After demonstrating appropriate knowledge, skill, and ability, may be assigned weekend and on-call duties.
Posted September 25, 2015
Electrical Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor - City of Turlock
Contact Name: Cecilia Salcedo
MONTHLY SALARY $6,564 - $7,978
The City of Turlock is accepting applications for the position of Electrical Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor. This individual, will plan, assign, supervise and review the work of the Electrical/Mechanical Maintenance staff in a wide variety of electrical/mechanical and electronic equipment associated with the wastewater facility, water distribution system and sewer/storm collections pumping stations, traffic signals and street lights. Excellent benefit package.
For more information and to obtain a City application contact Human Resources, 156 S. Broadway Suite 235, Turlock, (209) 668-5542 ex. 1109 or visit www.cityofturlock.org. EOE/AA
Final filing date 10/09/2015 by 5:00 p.m.
Posted September 22, 2015
Water Treatment & Distribution Operator - North Gualala Water Company
Privately owned water company
• Certifications from CA Department of Public Health (T2 & D2 minimum)
• Backflow certification a plus (or willingness/ability to obtain quickly)
• Water main installation, controls, and pump maintenance experience and knowledge are necessary
• Ability to perform heavy physical labor including bending, stretching, crawling, climbing, lifting up to 75 pounds and working in confined areas
• Ability to diagnose problems and implement solutions
• Professional oral/written communication skills to work directly with field employees, office staff, customers, state agencies, contractors, vendors, other utilities
• Basic computer skills (email, Excel)
• Emergency duty will be required during evenings, holidays, and weekends
• Required “on call” duty on alternating weekends
• A pre-hire physical will be required.
• Applicants must have Class C driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record
• Full time, full benefits
• Salary DOE, possible housing available
• Complete job description & application: North Gualala Water Company President David Bower or Office Manager Jana Wareham: firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-884-3579
Posted September 21, 2015
Public Works Superintendent - McCloud Community Services District
Contact Name: Teryl Smith
McCloud Community Services District (MCSD)MCSD is seeking a skilled professional to serve as a member of the management team. The Public Works Superintendent performs complex and specialized supervisory and administrative tasks; technical and maintenance work in the planning, construction, operation, repair and maintenance of the Districts water and sewer infrastructure and treatment systems, snow removal, public buildings, facilities, grounds, parks and rolling stock. Responsible for maintaining compliance with various operating permits and completing regulatory reports. Trains, directs and supervises staff, evaluates daily work load, creates work schedules, and determines applicable codes, regulations and requirements for assigned projects. Assists the General Manager in preparation of the annual budget, plans purchases and capital improvements for the field operations departments, administers adopted budget in assigned area of responsibility. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of Safe Drinking Water Standards and Wastewater Discharge requirements, civil engineering principles, practices and methods, as applicable to a municipal setting and of the practices, principles, methods, tools and equipment used in building construction, maintenance and repair, grounds maintenance and janitorial work. Experience and/or knowledge related to environments that experience adverse seasonal conditions such as snow, freezing temperatures, natural disasters and their effect on the community and infrastructure is favorable. The full job description is available upon request.The successful candidate must possess a HS diploma or equivalent; have five years of experience as a District Utility Worker I or II, Maintenance Worker or comparable non-District position. A minimum of one year of experience in operation and maintenance of a public water and/or sewer system is required. Must possess a valid D-2 Water Distribution System Operator Certificate and prefer a valid Grade 1 Sewer Collection System Operator Certificate as well. Possession of a Class A or B California Drivers license with an air brake endorsement and satisfactory driving records. A medical exam and a pre-employment drug screening showing the absence of illegal drugs and/or alcohol is required.Full Time Position - Salary range $46,000-58,000 plus benefits, including PERS retirement and health insurance. Application Process: Submit resume, salary history, 3 references, a letter explaining how you meet the profile, and an official MCSD application available from the District office or on our website to: MCSD, Attn: General Manager, P. O. Box 640, McCloud, CA 96057 or email to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled. More information on this position is available at the above address or by calling (530) 964-2017. The District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted September 14, 2015
O.I.T (OPERATOR IN TRAINING) - CITY OF FIREBAUGH
Contact Name: BENJAMIN GALLEGOS
The City of Firebaugh is accepting applications for a O.I.T (Operator in Training) Salary range is $2,267.16 - $2,755.74
A full job description can be obtained at www.ci.firebaugh.ca.us
Posted September 8, 2015
Chief Plant Operator - City of Colfax
Contact Name: Lorraine Cassidy
Chief Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator (Grade III or above) The City of Colfax is accepting applications for Chief Plant Operator (CPO). The CPO will operate the WWTP in accordance with Federal and State regulations; set process parameters; collect and record all monitoring data; prepare regulatory agency monitoring reports; conduct plant operation and maintenance, and; supervise personnel.
Requirements: CA issued Grade III Operator Certificate (or higher) Salary range: $66,044 - $80,292 For more information: www.Colfax-CA.gov, (530) 346-2313.
Send or deliver application (no fax or email) before Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 4:00 pm City of Colfax, P.O. Box 702
33 S. Main Street
Colfax, CA 95713
Attn: City Clerk
Include a cover sheet/letter of interest, resume, and three references with contact information (references will not be contacted until mutual interest is established) with your City application form.
Posted September 3, 2015
Operations & Maintenance Technician - Humboldt Bay Municipal Water District
Contact Name: Dee Dee Simpson-Glenn
Humboldt Bay Municipal Water District, Arcata CA Operations and Maintenance Technician Under general supervision, operates, maintains, and controls the District’s water pumping, distribution and water treatment facilities; performs basic laboratory testing and sample collection; performs preventative maintenance checks and repairs of the District water pumping, distribution and treatment facilities, machinery, equipment, structures, and grounds; and performs other related duties as required. Treatment plant experience highly desirable. Grade III Operator Certification and Grade III Distribution desired but not required. Salary range $4,192 - $5,095 plus excellent benefits including deferred compensation. Deadline for receipt of applications October 9, 2015. Call (707) 443-5018 for an application or visit www.hbmwd.com