Project Analyst / Compliance Inspector (20 – 30 Hours Per Week) – Wallace Group
Part-Time Drinking Water And Wastewater Operator – Apex Companies, LLC
Redding-Red Bluff, California
Apex is an environmental consulting firm that offers stable leadership and growth, views employees as valuable resources, and rewards success with competitive pay and benefits.
We are seeking a self-motivated, part-time, dual-licensed California Grade III Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator and Drinking Water D2/T2 Operator to join our team and become an integral part of our continued success story. The successful candidate will provide routine O&M for private, small drinking water and wastewater facilities along the I-5 corridor between Redding and Red Bluff, California. This is a great opportunity for a semi-retired or moonlighting municipal plant operator!
The position requires experience operating small wastewater and drinking water facilities under permit by the Regional Water Quality Control Board; the ability to work independently and perform all routine drinking water and wastewater O&M duties. This includes, but is not limited to: operation and control of pump, blower, and valve settings; collection, preservation and recording of samples in compliance with the permit; troubleshooting and diagnostic of upsets and treatment problems (e.g., insufficient denitrification, need for supplemental carbon source, excess grease requiring cleaning of floats, evaluation of malfunctions in electronic controls); maintaining clear, legible and accurate daily operating logs; and, reporting of plant conditions to Project Manager and Project Engineer to support efficient routine regulatory reporting. Occasional emergency support related to power outage or alarm notifications and limited travel for occasional pick-up and drops off samples to laboratory are also responsibilities of this position.
A High School diploma and at least 5 years of experience operating and maintain wastewater and drinking water treatment and distribution facilities. We are looking for someone who is able to maintain clear, concise, detailed and accurate daily work logs required for client and regulatory reporting. The successful candidate must have CA Grade II WWTP Treatment License and CA T1 and D1 Drinking Water Licenses (T2/D2 preferred). Stable employment history, favorable employment references, and a track record of excellent attendance and punctuality are also required. Strong safety awareness and a good record and understanding of safe work practices are essential.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume and brief cover letter expressing their interest and summarizing their qualifications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apex is a customer-focused company that delivers environmental, health, safety and engineering services to over 700 clients across the United States and abroad. Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to providing responsive, cost-effective solutions, Apex has grown rapidly since our founding in 1988. Working in partnership with our public and private sector clients, our team of over 300 employees provides services tailored to support each customer’s unique goals and objectives. By blending strong technical skills, business acumen, and superior customer service, we are able to deliver creative solutions that deliver high quality results at low cost.
From commercial and industrial firms to construction, petroleum, and utility companies to financial institutions and government clients, Apex has extensive experience in a wide variety of industries. Our corporate professional resume includes proven capabilities in the areas of water resources, remediation and restoration, assessment and compliance, industrial hygiene, health & safety, utility infrastructure, land development and engineering, among others.
Ranked in the Top 200 Environmental Firms by ENR Magazine, ranked among the Top 500 Design Firms by ENR Magazine, awarded the 2011 National Environmental Excellence Award for Environmental Stewardship by the National Association of Environmental Professionals, and selected as a 2010 Hot Firm by the Zweig Letter, come join our award winning team.
Apex is a successful and growing mid-sized nationwide firm. We’re small enough that our employees still have access to our leadership, and it’s easy for high-performers to be recognized for their contributions and advance without bureaucracy. With 40 office locations, we’re big enough to provide comprehensive environmental consulting and engineering services to our diverse client base and to provide resources to our employees to help in their professional development.
Join Apex on facebook and stay connected! Search fan pages for Environmental Consulting from Apex Companies to receive instant updates when new career opportunities become available; for access to industry information on the latest environmental technologies, regulatory news, and events; and to be kept up to date on Apex’s new projects, special happenings, and community activities.
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Sr. Treatment Plant Op / Treatment Plant Op - County of Santa Cruz Dept of Public Works
County of Santa Cruz
Department of Public Works
SR TREATMENT PLANT OPERATOR
$4,827 – 6,108 / Month
TREATMENT PLANT OPERATOR
$4,347 – 5,496 / Month
Last Day to Apply: 12/02/13
A Senior Treatment Plant Operator is responsible for performing the most difficult and complex operations and maintenance functions for the County\'s wastewater and water treatment plants and acts as a lead worker to trainee and journey level treatment plant operators.
A Treatment Plant Operator is responsible for performing difficult and complex operations and maintenance functions for the County\'s wastewater and water treatment plants and acts as a lead worker to trainee operators.
Apply online at www.santacruzcountyjobs.com or contact County of Santa Cruz Department of Public Works, Personnel Division, 701 Ocean St., Rm. 410, Santa Cruz, CA 95060, (831) 454-2607. Women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Howell Mountain Mutual Water Company has been providing water to parts of the Angwin and Deer Park communities for over 50 years. We have over 400 connections and obtain our water from 6 lakes and 2 wells owned by the company. We are looking for a candidate who wants to develop a long-term career in a very stable business and in a company committed to developing your skills.
The Water Operator provides support to the System Manager in all aspects of treating our water supply and maintaining all equipment and facilities. The supply of water is a 24/7 operation and the Water Operator will be expected to respond to emergencies at any time 7 days a week. Flexibility is required to accommodate emergencies and special situations and the 7 day operation of the plant will require some rotation of workdays. The position is full time with a salary between $24.04 to $28.85 per hour ($50,000 to $60,000 per year) dependent upon qualifications and experience. Benefits include reimbursement of medical insurance premiums (up to an agreed maximum) and a company supported retirement plan. The company will also reimburse those pre-authorized expenses, which are not otherwise paid by the State reimbursement program, upon the successful completion of classes and examinations necessary to obtain or maintain required licenses.
The candidate will already have California T2 and D1 licenses issued by the California Department of Health plus a current California Driving License. The company will encourage, train and support the incumbent to achieve T3 and D2 licenses. The candidate will have experience in a water supply company but similar experience in a plumbing, facilities or maintenance role may be acceptable. A practical aptitude, with experience in electrical and mechanical systems is required. The position also involves extensive customer contact so a professional customer service personality and appearance are necessary.
The job does require extensive physical work and a high degree of responsibility to provide our customers with a safe and reliable water supply. As such the candidate will be required to pass a physical examination, drug test and a background check, including DMV, prior to commencing work.
Since this job requires prompt response to emergency situations the successful candidate should reside not more than 30 minutes driving time from the plant.
In addition, we will also be looking for an Operator-In-Training (O.I.T) candidate. The OIT will already have a California T1 and/or D1 license issued by the California Department of Health. The company will encourage, train and support the incumbent to achieve T2 and D2 licenses. Salary will need to be determined for this position depending on qualifications. The above requirements for physical and background check also applies for this position.
Phone (707) 965-?2205 P.O. Box 9, Angwin CA 94508 Fax (707) 965-2655
Posted November 1, 2013
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator II City of Yreka
City of Yreka
Invites Applications For Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator II
Department of Public Works
Salary Range $2,733 - $3,663
Closing Date: Friday December 6, 2013 @ 5 p.m.
701 Fourth Street
Yreka, CA 96097
Fax (530)- 842-4836
The City of Yreka is accepting applications for the position of Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator II – Public Works. Individuals in this classification perform a variety of semi-skilled and skilled technical and maintenance work in the operation, maintenance and repair of wastewater treatment facilities.
1) Certification as a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Grade II issued by the State of California Water Resources Control Board.
2) Valid California Driver’s License.
3) Employees may be assigned, temporarily or permanently, to work weekends, holidays, overtime and on call after regular business hours. Employee must live within 30 minutes response time of the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
Interested individuals must submit a City of Yreka employment application to the Personnel Department in order to be considered. Applications not received by the Personnel Department by the close of the recruitment may not be considered.
Employment applications and job descriptions are available online at www.ci.yreka.ca.us and at City Hall. For further information please call (530) 841-2337 or e-mail to email@example.com. Completed applications must be received by the City of Yreka, 701 Fourth Street, Yreka, CA 96097 no later than 5 p.m. Friday December 6, 2013.
Incomplete applications may not be processed. Meeting the announced requirements does not guarantee selection into the examination process.
Please contact the Personnel Department by the closing date if you require accommodation in the interview/examination process. Medical disability verification may be required prior to accommodation.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/FEDERAL AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
CLASS TITLE - WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT OPERATOR II
Performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled technical and maintenance work in the operation, maintenance and repair of wastewater treatment facilities. Performs all professional duties authorized by a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator II Certificate.
Works under the general supervision of the Wastewater Treatment Plant Manager and may work under the direct supervision of a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator III as assigned. Position requires a large degree of individual initiative, judgement, and responsibility in dealing with malfunctions and emergencies.
May serve as a lead worker over lower level operators, maintenance workers or seasonal employees.
May be assigned by the Wastewater Treatment Plant Manager to supervise all wastewater treatment operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Monitors the performance of all equipment, gauges and charts in the Plant and lift stations; records statistical data on Plant operations; maintains, operates, repairs and replaces equipment as necessary; charts lab test results for trend analysis and maintains accurate records of analyses and test results; evaluates data and writes reports as required.
2. Operates, maintains and repairs malfunctions at the Wastewater Treatment Plant, lift stations and disposal areas; repairs gauges, pumps, filters, motors, recorders, analyzers and other controls and equipment including SCADA system components.
3. Collects samples and identifies concentrations of chemical, physical or biological characteristics of wastewater required in accordance with local, state and federal requirements; interprets tests and determines necessary changes in dosage and treatment processes; gathers and tests samples for Plant efficiency reports as required.
4. Performs quality control tests on lab equipment and lab analyses; evaluates procedures and results for accuracy and determines appropriate methods.
5. Assures that Plant operates within required standards.
6. Contains and disposes of hazardous wastes generated by the Plant.
7. Calibrates, modifies or repairs instrumentation and control equipment including recorders, flowmeters, analyzers, leak detectors, SCADA system and other monitoring equipment.
8. Monitors performance of electrical systems, circuits, and equipment.
9. Operates and maintains lift stations; cleans wet wells and operates pumps and valves to control and adjust flow and treatment processes.
10. May be assigned specific job responsibilities that will dictate day-to-day work activity. Additional assignments may be given at any time at the discretion of the Supervisor.
11. Uses a City vehicle while conducting City business.
12. May assist in training new employees.
13. Maintains the plans, drawings and schematics of electrical and other systems in the Plant.
14. May be assigned, temporarily or permanently, to work weekends, holidays, overtime and on call after regular business hours. Employee must live within 30 minutes response time of the City Service Center.
15. May be assigned to assist in the repair, maintenance, and replacement of city water, sewer, streets, storm drainage facilities and systems, and parks.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience:
1. Graduation from high school or GED equivalent, and supplemented by two (2) years post secondary college or technical training in biology, environmental science, chemistry, or a closely related field, or
2. Graduation from high school or GED equivalent, and two (2) years of experience in the operation of a wastewater treatment plant.
3. Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Working knowledge of equipment, facilities, materials, methods and procedures used in wastewater treatment plant maintenance and operation activities; working knowledge of laboratory procedures and practices;
2. Ability to repair and maintain varied mechanical and electrical equipment.
3. Ability to perform process control calculations; ability to work safely; ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other departments and the public; ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
1. Certification as a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Grade II issued by the State of California Water Resources Control Board.
2. Must possess and maintain a valid California Driver’s License.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Motor vehicles, generators, pumps, gauges, common hand and power tools, shovels, wrenches, detection devices, mobile radio, phone, calculator, and a variety of lab equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand for long periods of time, walk; talk, hear; sit; climb, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl; and smell.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Employee must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside adverse weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud.
Employees serve a probationary period in accordance with the current MOU. During the probationary period the employee may be terminated without cause or recourse. The probationary period may be extended by the City Manager.
AGENCY SHOP REQUIREMENTS:
This job classification is represented by the Yreka City Employees\' Association, the employees of which are required, as a condition of employment, to either join the association and payassociation dues or pay an equivalent service fee.
Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interview and reference check; job related tests may be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Maintenance Superintendent - Lompico County Water District
Lompico County Water District is an Equal Opportunity Employer